Consulting and Advisory
Building the Next Generation Mortgage Operation
Improve, update, and transform your operation to meet new and changing demands such as emerging technology, increased competition, economic uncertainty, and regulatory constraints.
Our Experts Lead
Mortgage and financial services operations are complex and interconnected, which is why we have experts lead each project.
Our expert industry practitioners have experience in Six Sigma, Agile, mortgage operations, and technology, ensuring that your operations initiatives drive alignment and consider the broader impact of change.
Your Data Talks
Knowing your current-state operational capabilities and performance is critical to success.
Operational transformation initiatives dive deep into your data and metrics so that any recommendations made are informed, executable, and prioritized.
We leverage the right mix of leading methodologies (Six Sigma, Agile, proprietary) to produce results and manage overhead costs.
The right tools, techniques, and methodologies help us identify inefficiencies, implement process and operations improvements, and design operating models that position you to capitalize on future opportunities.
How We Do It.
Mortgage and financial services operations are complex, so performance and productivity improvement opportunities are often difficult to spot and even more challenging to transform. Consolidated Analytics makes operational data more transparent, makes insights more accessible, and operations transformation initiatives more executable. We leverage components of the lean six sigma framework without the overhead costs to produce results. Our approach entails the following:
Whether you are making new digital investments, modifying or building business processes, or implementing a new vendor, Consolidated Analytics develops a business case that aligns with corporate and organizational objectives.
- Define and detail the problem statement
- Establish project goals and a project scope
- Create team roles and responsibilities
- Develop milestones and timelines
- Produce a cost-benefit analysis and expected financial returns
Successfully transforming an operation requires that we fully understand and measure progress. Our team will:
- Assess and map the current state, including existing processes and capabilities, including vendor process analysis, best practices, compliance, and technologies
- Collect relevant data based on the scope (customer, end-user reviews, cost per loan, compliance gaps, underwriting scorecards, claims analysis, default rates, etc.)
- Create benchmarks and KPIs and establish meaningful measurement criteria and metrics
- Develop reporting and tracking tools for costs, timelines, and performance
To address and solve the main problem, our Lean Six Sigma experts will analyze business efficiencies and identify root causes to reduce risks in operation. As part of this process we:
- Analyze data
- Conduct a gap analysis
- Detect inefficiencies and waste; flag outdated strategies, policies and procedures, and regulatory or business risks; and identify opportunities for improvement such as task automation, process change, or improved system utilization rates
Our Consulting and Advisory team designs new or improved business processes, policies and procedures, workflow design, system recommendations, staffing requirements and configurations, automation tools, and more using the collected data, analyses, and insights. As part of this process, we:
- Provide and detail future state recommendation
- Create an improvement action plan
- Implement and test solutions
- Deliver process improvements, design, or redesign
- Prepare the organization for change with operational change management and preparation plans
Operational transformation is not a one-time project. It requires ongoing management and monitoring to ensure performance is sustainable. Consolidated Analytics’ holistic approach leverages a range of monitoring programs and tools to:
- Define control phase validation
- Develop expectations and best practices
- Evaluate, monitor, and measure improvements
- Establish continuous improvement needs and incorporates changes
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
We are engaged in all aspects of the mortgage industry through events, speaking, roundtables, and forums. Stay updated with our activities and get your blogs and insights in your inbox.