Consulting and Advisory
Building the Next-Gen Mortgage Operation
Improve, update, and transform your operations to stay ahead of changing regulations and industry demands.
Our Experts Lead
Mortgage and financial services operations are complex, so we have our industry experts lead each project.
Our team of Subject Matter Experts has experience in Six Sigma, Agile, mortgage operations, and technology, ensuring that your initiatives drive alignment and consider the broader impact of change.
Your Data Talks
Knowing your operational capabilities and performance and how you are set up for change is critical to success.
Operational transformation initiatives dive deep into your data and metrics to inform, prioritize, and execute any recommendations.
We leverage the right mix of leading methodologies (Six Sigma, Agile, proprietary) to manage overhead costs and produce results.
The right tools and techniques help us identify inefficiencies, implement process and operations improvements, and design operating models to capitalize on future opportunities.
How We Do It.
Mortgage and financial services operations are complex, so improvement opportunities are often difficult to spot and even more challenging to transform. Consolidated Analytics strategies make operational data more transparent, insights more accessible, and operations transformation initiatives more executable. We leverage components of the lean Six Sigma framework without the overhead costs. Our approach entails the following:
Whether you are making new digital investments, modifying or building business processes, or implementing a new vendor, Consolidated Analytics develops a business case that aligns with corporate and organizational objectives.
- Define and detail the problem statement
- Establish project goals and a project scope
- Create team roles and responsibilities
- Develop milestones and timelines
- Produce a cost-benefit analysis and expected financial returns
Successfully transforming an operation requires that we fully understand and measure progress. Our team will:
- Assess and map the current state, including existing processes and capabilities, with vendor process analysis, best practices, compliance, and technologies
- Collect relevant data based on scope (customer, end-user reviews, cost per loan, compliance gaps, underwriting scorecards, claims analysis, default rates, etc.)
- Create benchmarks and KPIs and establish meaningful measurement criteria and metrics
- Develop reporting and tracking tools for costs, timelines, and performance
To address and solve the main problem, our Lean Six Sigma experts will analyze efficiencies and identify root causes to reduce risks. As part of this process we:
- Analyze data
- Conduct a gap analysis
- Detect inefficiencies and waste; flag outdated strategies, policies and procedures, and regulatory or business risks; and identify opportunities for improvement such as task automation, process change, or improved system utilization rates
Our Consulting and Advisory team designs new or improved business processes, policies and procedures, workflow design, system recommendations, staffing requirements and configurations, automation tools, and more using the collected data, analyses, and insights. As part of this process, we:
- Provide and detail future state recommendation
- Create an improvement action plan
- Implement and test solutions
- Deliver process improvements, design, or redesign
- Prepare the organization for change with operational change management and preparation plans
Operational transformation requires ongoing management and monitoring to ensure performance is sustainable. Consolidated Analytics’ holistic approach leverages a range of monitoring programs and tools to:
- Define control phase validation
- Develop expectations and best practices
- Evaluate, monitor, and measure improvements
- Establish continuous improvement needs and incorporates changes
Learn More About Consolidated Analytics. Visit Our Resource Center.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
We are engaged in all aspects of the mortgage industry through events, speaking, roundtables, and forums. Sign up and stay updated.